Wednesday, August 22, 2007

That's What Friends Are For... Part Two

So the sadness, excitment, and all around chios has just hit me. I have been super busy packing for college, yet I still find the time to sip tea and write poetry. Writing poems seems to make the world stop turning for a moment. This poem was written for a truely beautiful lady with a heart of gold and a strong spirit...I LOVE YOU!


As I gaze at You…
Your enchanting presence accentuates
…my times of euphoria
Your charming personality mesmerizes
…my times of solitude
Your sapphire eyes glance upon
…my times of accomplishment
You smile brightens
…my times of misery
Your embrace comforts
…my times of vulnerability
Your beautiful soul teaches
…my times of naivety

Certain people think too much
Talk to much
Push too much
But you’ve got them all beat

Tonight we spend eternity on
top of the world!

1 comment:

Kate Detweiler said...

what an honor it is to have someone take the time to write a POEM for you. it's so meaningful. you're an awesome person megan, and i love you so much!